TL866 II Plus and Xgpro under Linux

Tools and hints

Moderator: bbiernat

pancio
Administrator

TL866 II Plus and Xgpro under Linux

Post by pancio »

TL866 II Plus is the good quality, cheeap and power IC programmer which I'm using very often as best tool for any kind of FLASH devices.
Of course it will useless under Windows so I decided to find solution for my favourite Linux Mint.

Well, uncle Google find Reversatronics blog:
https://reversatronics.blogspot.com/201 ... linux.html

there is very good and easy description how to run TL 866 with MiniPro and my topic is based on it, but for newer - TL 866 II Plus version.

Wine
If you want the same MiniPro experience under Linux as you have under Windows then Wine is probably the way to go. The steps are:
  • Install Wine if required.
  • Extract the contents of the XgproV10xx_setup.rar and run wine ./XgproV1013_Setup.exe or double click from file manager app. Note that the application should install fine, but you won't be able to talk to the device just yet.
  • Download setupapi.dll from this git repository and copy it to the same location where you installed Xgpro. This might be somewhere like ~/.wine/drive_c/Xgpro or similar.
  • As root, create /etc/udev/rules.d/50-xgpro.rules and add the following:

Code: Select all

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="a466", ATTR{idProduct}=="0a53", GROUP="plugdev", MODE="0666"
  • Restart udev by running

Code: Select all

udevadm trigger
If everything has worked you should be able to plug the TL866 II Plus in and start up the application from Wine.
Wine - Xgpro
Wine - Xgpro
xgpro.png (152.14 KiB) Viewed 98911 times
Xgpro under Linux
Xgpro under Linux
xgpro10.13.png (79.37 KiB) Viewed 98911 times
That's all. Have a many FLASHed devices :-)
Attachments
XgproV1080_Setup.rar
(27.85 MiB) Downloaded 2268 times
setupapi.dll.zip
(10.46 KiB) Downloaded 3459 times
XgproV1015_setup.rar
(24.06 MiB) Downloaded 2191 times